(NOTE: LITHIUM CHARGE PROFILE AS STANDARD)
DC-DC Converter for charging a 12V or 24V service battery in vehicles with a smart alternator (regenerative braking, Euro 5 and Euro 6 engines) The Buck-Boost DC-DC Converter is a DC-DC Converter for charging a 12V or 24V service battery in vehicles with a smart alternator. The converter will charge the auxiliary battery with a pre-set charge voltage, eliminating high voltages (e.g. Mercedes: 15,4V) and low voltages.
‘Engine running’ detection system Deep discharge of the vehicle's starting battery is avoided by a built-in ‘engine running’ detection system. Instead of this detection system, the converter can also be activated by means of a programmable input (D+, CAN bus or (+)15 connection).
Fully programmable The converter can be fully programmed by means of a simple and user-friendly PC application. (USB type A male to USB type B male cable needed)
One product for 12V, 24V and 12/24V systems The converter can be programmed to charge a 12V or a 24V auxiliary battery from either a 12V or a 24V alternator and starter battery.
Charge current and input current limiter The output current is determined by the following factors: -
- The maximum charge current setting.
- The maximum input current setting.
- The maximum operating temperature limit of the converter.
Input status indication (LED)
- Green: converter on.
- Yellow: input voltage below threshold, converter off.
- Red: over temperature, converter off.
- Blue, quick flash: engine running, converter will start after preset delay.
- Blue, slow flash: the converter is OFF and activation is blocked due to low input voltage
Output status indication (LED)
- Green: converter off, battery voltage normal.
- Yellow: converter off, battery voltage low.
- Red: converter off, battery discharged or not connected.
- Purple: converter on.